To create a respected,
influential, and national network of public schools that are successful in
helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge,
skills, character and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive
day, all public schools will help children develop the knowledge, skills,
character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world
a better place.
At KIPP, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal — college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds. Our success is driven by:
- High Expectations: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
- Strength of Character: Success in life depends on both academics and character. We help students foster character strengths that are essential for their own success and well-being. And we empower them to express their voice with power and to improve the world around them.
- Highly Effective Teachers and
schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals.
- Safe, Structured, and Nurturing Environments: Students need physical and emotional safety in order to take risks and learn from their successes and their mistakes. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extracurriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
- KIPP Through College: Our counselors and advisors
support students as they prepare for and select the right college for their
needs and interests. After high school, we help KIPP alumni navigate the
social, academic, and financial challenges they might encounter while in
As we look to the future, we have never been more optimistic. We
recognize there is more work to be done, but our progress to date has clearly
demonstrated what is possible. Today we stand in partnership with other organizations
committed to educational excellence and equity — working together so that all
children have the opportunity to lead choice-filled lives.