About the Internship Program
Vista’s Rising Sophomore Internship Program offers undergraduate students early exposure and access to the field of asset management. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in a 6-week paid internship at an industry-leading private equity firm. Over the course of the program, you will learn about Vista and careers in software investing and private equity, engage in hands-on training, complete a capstone project, and participate in mentorship and networking opportunities. This paid internship will take place in Austin, Texas. Travel to and from Austin and housing for this 6-week program will be paid for by Vista.
- Program Dates: Summer 2022 (6-week program); July 5 – August 12, 2022
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Eligibility: Current students enrolled in an undergraduate program, graduating Winter 2024 – Spring 2025
- Internship opportunity to learn about careers in private equity and network with top software investors
- Hands-on experience and projects related to software investing and private equity
- Meet and engage with senior leadership across Vista
- Mentorship, networking, and coaching from investment team professionals
- Learn about future internship and professional development opportunities
- Travel to and from Austin and housing for this 6-week program and a competitive intern compensation
- Current students enrolled in an undergraduate program, graduating between Winter 2024 – Spring 2025
- Interest in software and technology companies, private equity, financial markets, and trends
- Demonstrated track record of academic success and/or professional pursuits
- High degree of personal and professional maturity
- Demonstrated ability to internalize feedback and improve through coaching and training
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Exceptional work ethic and a deep sense of accountability
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
How to Apply
For full consideration in the process, we ask that you submit your application and complete an online cognitive assessment by February 27, 2022. Upon submission of your application, you will automatically receive a link to the online assessment. This multi-tiered process will later include a short writing sample and a 1:1 interview conducted virtually via Zoom.
About Vista Equity Partners
Vista is a leading global investment firm that invests exclusively in enterprise software, data, and technology-enabled organizations across private equity, credit, public equity, and permanent capital strategies. The firm brings an approach that prioritizes creating enduring market value for the benefit of its global ecosystem of investors, companies, customers, and employees. Vista’s investments are anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions and proven flexible management techniques that drive sustainable growth. Vista believes the transformative power of technology is the key to an even better future – a healthier planet, a smarter economy, a diverse and inclusive community, and a broader path to prosperity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The internship is in-person and requires all interns to have access to Vista’s home offices.
Yes. Interns will be connecting with their peer interns inside and outside of the office.