Opportunities for KIPP Alumni
Our alumni network is nationwide and so are your opportunities. When companies and organizations reach out to encourage KIPP alumni to apply for summer internships, year-long fellowships, and full-time jobs, we post them here to help spread the word. Have an opportunity you’d like to highlight? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INROADS – Are you a high school senior or college student interested in working for corporate America? INROADS helps first-generation students apply for and succeed in business and engineering internships. Past interns have been placed at Boeing, KPMG, Deloitte, Kraft, and Johnson and Johnson.
- KIPP to the Capitol Fellowship Program– Are you a KIPPster interested in federal policy? We’re encouraging KIPP Alumni to apply for the KIPPster Federal Policy Fellowship in Washington, DC. The KIPP team has developed deep relationships with Congressional offices on both sides of the aisle, the Administration, think tanks, and federal advocacy organizations that understand our mission and would be thrilled to have a KIPPster on their team for the summer. Applications will re-open in Fall 2018. Want to apply? Learn more.
- KIPP Foundation – Want to gain job experience and continue building a relationship with KIPP? KF Internships are available in many departments ranging from Insights & Analytics, Marketing, Development, Strategy, Accounting, KSS Programming and many more! The internships run from June to August and take place in SF, NYC, DC, and Chicago. Applications open soon. Want a reminder? Fill out this form.
- NextGen Vest – If you get excited about scholarships, financial aid, or money in general, then this internship is great for you! As a paid, remote intern, you will develop operations, data analysis, and finance skills. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Year Up – This program empowers motivated young adults to learn technical and professional skills, and gain work experience during an internship at an industry-leading company. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Accenture Consulting – Accenture is a leading global professional services company that provides a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. This summer alone, this KIPP partner hosted over 59 KIPP high school interns and 5 college interns in their offices around the country.
- LEDA – LEDA is looking 100 qualified high school juniors who show leadership potential but lack the exposure and support they need to attend highly selective colleges. LEDA Scholars receive leadership training, writing instruction, standardized test preparation and a year of highly personalized guidance as they navigate the application and admissions process at the most competitive colleges. Throughout college and beyond, Scholars are offered ongoing advising, career counseling, postgraduate planning and community-building support to help them succeed and lead.
- City Year – Interested in education? City year is a one-year program that provides fellows an opportunity to work hands-on with children inside and outside of the classroom to reach graduation and beyond.
- Learn Up – Want a particular full-time job but unsure if you have the skills? Learn Up uses online training to provide job seekers with the skills necessary to obtain certain roles with specific employers. Applications are rolling.”
- Education Pioneers Career Track – Fellows are placed in data analysis, fundraising, marketing, finance or any other function that is appropriate for the fellow’s level and expertise for a long-term role at a leading education organization. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- OneMain Financial – This financial corporation provides consumer lending, credit insurance, and other credit-related products. This KIPP partner has current openings in their branches and corporate headquarters in various departments including finance, risk management, IT and business services. Deadline varies by position. Please send your resume if you are interested in any positions.
Rotational programs provide mentorship, in-depth experiences, and targeted training for recent grads looking to acquire different skills within one particular industry. Here are two links that have a great ongoing collection of rotational programs!
- EdX – Want an introduction to Business Accounting? This course takes you through the building blocks and accounting cycles that makes up each of the four financial statements.
- Alison – Do you own a blog or manage a website? Advance your marketing analytics skills on Alison, where you will learn how to use Google Analytics and how to navigate it to evaluate your digital marketing performance.
- Class Central – Create your personal brand with the University of Virginia
Interested in Building your Career at KIPP?
Hundreds of alumni have come back to either intern or work full-time at KIPP, whether it is working directly with students in schools or working within the Foundation. KIPP offers a variety of positions across our many teams ranging from finance and administration, to research and design, to marketing and government affairs.