< back to list
||Capital Teaching Residency Program Director|
|| Regional Organization|
PROGRAM DIRECTOR - CAPITAL TEACHING RESIDENCY
Capital Teaching Residency (CTR) is a partnership between KIPP DC and E.L. Haynes to recruit and train the next generation of excellent teachers. CTR recruits recent college graduates or career changers to participate in a year-long teacher residency program. The first year of the program is spent co-teaching with a mentor teacher, participating in a targeted professional development program, and observing excellent teaching. The second year, CTR residents commit to teach in Washington DC as a lead teacher of record. Please see our website for more information: www.capitalteachingresidency.org.
The CTR Director will be a critical part of the CTR program. The position will work closely with the KIPP DC and E.L. Hayes school leaders, the residents, and will report to the KIPP DC Chief Academic Officer, Laura Bowen.
- Program Oversight – Oversee the day-to-day operations of the CTR program, including ensuring the fidelity to which the program is being implemented in all placement schools, managing a CTR associate, working with placement school data teams and school leaders to receive real-time data on residents, and managing any problems or issues that arise with residents or partners.
- Program and Resident Evaluation –Track metrics related to CTR residents (e.g., mid-year evaluations, participation in PD, survey results, school leader interviews, etc...) to evaluate the overall program success and coordinate efforts with external evaluation firm.
- Resident Recruitment & Selection – Manage the resident recruitment, interview, and selection efforts, including: facilitating a year-round recruitment campaign, conducting initial resume and telephone screens with prospective candidates, coordinating responses from headquarters and schools to prospective candidates, organizing and running CTR interview days, and recruiting a diverse group of prospective CTR residents.
- Fundraising – Secure funding for SY 2011-2012, including applying for state and federal grants (with help from our development office) and create and implement long-term fundraising plan.
- Work with The New Teacher Project – Collaborate with TNTP to certify residents.
- Stakeholder Management – Build and manage relationships with key partner organizations (including Teach for America, graduate universities, and DC education stakeholders). Provide regular updates to school leaders and the CTR Leadership Team. Represent KIPP DC, CTR, and E.L. Haynes at career fairs, other recruitment events, or CTR events.
- Resident Professional Development – Work with school leaders to design a year long course of professional development. Work with school leaders, teachers, and outside providers for the delivery of that PD.
Serve as a full-time and engaged member of CTR and KIPP DC’s staff, including accompanying students on field lessons, assisting with teacher and student recruitment and enrichment activities, and working with other staff members to ensure fulfillment of KIPP DC’s mission.
- Flexibility, tenacity, high quality work, resourcefulness, teamwork, and a sense of humor
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, and extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done
- Flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple priorities
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence, initiative, and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree is a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Two years teaching experience, preferably in an under-served community
- Two years of program management experience, preferably in the education field
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP DC and CTR’s mission
- A passion for education
- Experience with HR management and fundraising desirable
Please apply immediately, as applications are accepted on a rolling basis. All interested applicants should visit online at http://www.kippdc.org/careers, and click the appropriate “Apply Today” button to apply for a position. Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience.